- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Using avocado oil spray lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, blend the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink. Consider using cooking thermometer. It will not only keep you safe from harmful food bacteria but it also helps you to avoid overcooking the chicken, keeping it juicy and flavorful.
- Serve over steamed brown rice and/or steamed vegetables.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING
40 minutes to make, 6 servings
Inspired by Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken recipe found on allrecipes.com