As a child, I remember making myself peanut butter and fluff sandwiches after school. Ok, probably explains why I struggled with my weight as a child… Anyway, I have been searching for a healthy replacement for this favorite childhood snack. I think, I may have found it in this PB & Banana Smoothie. Let me know what you think!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of 2% Fage Greek Yogurt or any low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp of Peanut Powder (found in the peanut butter and jelly section of grocery store)
- 1/2 cup of 1% milk
- 1 tsp of honey to taste (optional)
- A few ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and turn to mix. Once the ice is crushed, turn blender up to puree for 1 minute.
- Pour into a glass of your choosing and enjoy your PB & Banana Smoothie!
- If you have a child that needs to gain weight, consider substituting out the low fat Greek yogurt with whole milk Greek yogurt and peanut powder to peanut butter.
- You can make two servings of this drink, if 310 calories is too much for a serving.