Enjoy this macronutrient-balanced, delicious slow cooker chicken chili recipe, which is complimented with rice, lite sour cream and Mexican shredded cheese.
In order to make this into a macronutrient-balanced meal, add 1 tbsp of lite sour cream, 1/4 cup of Mexican shredded cheese and 1/2 cup of brown rice to a cup of the slow cooker chicken chili.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar green salsa (salsa verde)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Mix green salsa, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, white beans, chicken broth, corn, onion, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper together in a slow cooker. Lay chicken breasts atop the mixture.
- Cook on Low until the chicken shreds easily with 2 forks, 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred completely; return to chili in slow cooker and stir.
Meal Inspired by Allrecipes.